Cory Christopher Design is a fast-paced and constantly growing creative design studio, offering lifestyle, floral, wedding and event services. Our team works tirelessly to bring our clients’ dreams to life with sophisticated style, delivering exceptional experiences in everyday encounters and once-in-a-lifetime occasions. Based in Edmonton, we travel throughout the Rocky Mountain and Calgary regions, and are expanding our services in Toronto and beyond.
Our Toronto Administrative and Creative Assistant will have a dynamic and challenging role, coordinating current and upcoming projects with Cory Christopher, clients and team members. You’ll need top-notch organizational and multi-tasking skills, rapid problem solving ability, and a passion for delivering exciting events and memorable installations. Exceptional attention to detail, professional communication and flexibility are essential.
- Keep projects organized and update the staff of any changes
- Take meeting minutes with clients
- Attend meetings and site visits as required
- Build proposals and quotes for clients
- Develop, update and maintain planning and contract documents for various projects
- Act as a liaison with clients and suppliers when Cory is unavailable
- Assist the team with weddings, events and other projects
- Assist with on-site set ups and takedowns
- Assist with studio preparation for key events
- Assist with the occasional flower prep and other tasks to ensure a successful event
- Run errands as required
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and quickly switch between them
- Previous administrative experience, including scheduling and minute-taking
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word , Powerpoint and Excel
- Previous event experience is an asset, but not required
To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Happily cooperate as part of a team, taking direction from both leads and fellow crew members
- Be confident executing tasks independently
- Prioritize and tackle what needs to be done first and switch tasks as needed
- Maintain a positive attitude under the pressure of tight timelines and high expectations
- Appreciate that the details really do matter
- Be organized, timely and responsible
Candidates MUST be willing and able to:
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and late nights
- Stand, crouch, bend and work on their feet for long periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 25lbs
- Work outdoors, occasionally in unpleasant weather
- Keep safety in mind at all times
- Possess excellent spoken and written English and general communication skills
- Maintain a professional appearance (work on location may require an all-black dress code)
- Have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license (the nature of event prep and installation means that a single shift may be split over multiple locations)
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Candidates that seem like they might be the right fit for our team and this unique and challenging work will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.
This role is based in Toronto, although our event work requires travel throughout the GTA, with further destinations subject to need and employee availability.
Part Time / Contract
Based on experience, $17-20/hour.