Cory Christopher Design is a fast-paced and constantly growing creative design studio, offering lifestyle, floral, wedding and event services. Our team works tirelessly to bring our clients’ dreams to life with sophisticated style, delivering exceptional experiences in everyday encounters and once-in-a-lifetime occasions. Based in Edmonton, we travel throughout the Rocky Mountain and Calgary regions, and are expanding our services in Toronto and beyond.
We are seeking an energetic individual in Toronto with a passion for flowers, plants and sophisticated, contemporary design. Working with the Cory Christopher team, you will be key to providing the exemplary experience that our clients expect, delivering stunning floral designs for events, weddings, private and corporate clients in the GTA.
Florist tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee floral & seasonal design projects, including wedding and event florals, installations, planter program and workshops
- Lead Cory Christopher floral team, participating in production and providing directions and tasks as necessary for preparation, design and installation
- General housekeeping & studio maintenance, packing, loading & unloading of vehicles, and décor assembly
- Complete proposals, documents, invoices, and quotes as necessary
- Answer phone calls, manage orders and oversee emails
- Ability to work well as part of a team and under time pressure
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Occasional travel throughout the region as required
- Develop and lead floral and planting workshops
To thrive as part of the CC Team, you’ll need to:
- Happily cooperate as part of a team, taking direction from both leads and fellow crew members
- Be confident executing tasks independently
- Prioritize and tackle what needs to be done first – and switch tasks as needed
- Maintain a positive attitude under the pressure of tight timelines and high expectations
- Appreciate that the details really do matter
- Be organized, timely and responsible
- Previous event experience is an asset, but not required
- Let us know if you have experience driving a cargo truck!
Candidates MUST be willing and able to:
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and late nights
- Stand, crouch, bend and work on their feet for long periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Work outdoors, occasionally in unpleasant weather
- Keep safety in mind at all times
- Possess excellent spoken English and general communication skills
- Maintain a professional appearance (work on location may require an all-black dress code)
- Have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license (the nature of event prep and installation means that a single shift may be split over multiple locations)
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
and include the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Candidates that seem like they might be the right fit for our team and this unique and challenging work will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.
Event work requires travel throughout Toronto and surrounding area, with further destinations subject to need and employee availability.
Part Time / Contract
$16.00-$22.00 per hour, based on experience.