Newsletter frequency may vary, our current schedule is 1-2 per month. Content may include seasonal/general interest subjects as well as promotions for our products and services. We will never share your information and you may unsubscribe at any time.
Event Stylists + Setup/Teardown Crew – Part-Time/Contract
Weddings / Holiday / Seasonal / Design Studio / On-Site / Installations
Cory Christopher Design is a fast-paced and constantly growing creative design studio, offering lifestyle, floral, wedding and event services to Edmonton, Calgary and the Rocky Mountain region. Our team works tirelessly to bring our clients’ dreams to life with sophisticated style, delivering exceptional experiences in everyday encounters and once-in-a-lifetime occasions.
We are seeking energetic, enthusiastic and reliable individuals with a passion for event design, flowers and people. Assisting with the setup and teardown of events means you are a key member of our team and public representative of Cory Christopher, and will be tasked with providing the exemplary service and stunning results that our clients expect.
Event Stylist / Setup Crew tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Décor, floral, furniture and structure prep, creation, assembly and disassembly
- Preparing, packaging and moving items large and small, including décor, equipment, florals and more (must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.)
- Loading and unloading of cargo trucks, vehicles and storage units
- Maintaining cleanliness of the event, staging and studio spaces throughout the build/setup/teardown process
- Providing prompt and courteous service to clients and being responsive and professional with other vendors
- Respecting venue/client policies, procedures and preferences
- Relaying information / identifying issues to event lead/team members as appropriate
- Occasional travel for events outside Edmonton (most likely Jasper, Banff and Calgary) may be requested
To thrive as part of the CC Team, you’ll need to:
- Happily cooperate as part of a team, taking direction from both leads and fellow crew members
- Be confident executing tasks independently
- Prioritize and tackle what needs to be done first – and switch tasks as needed
- Maintain a positive attitude under the pressure of tight timelines and high expectations
- Appreciate that the details really do matter
- Be organized, timely and responsible
- Previous event experience is an asset, but not required
- Let us know if you have experience driving a cargo truck!
Candidates MUST be willing and able to:
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and late nights
- Stand, crouch, bend and work on their feet for long periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 25lbs
- Work outdoors, occasionally in unpleasant weather
- Keep safety in mind at all times
- Possess excellent spoken English and general communication skills
- Maintain a professional appearance (work on location may require an all-black dress code)
- Have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license (the nature of event prep and installation means that a single shift may be split over multiple locations)
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Our environment is creative, witty and fun; we want our team to embody that too! In your cover letter, tell us about the coolest/craziest/best event you’ve been a part of. What happened? Where did the event take place? Did you have fires that needed to be put out? If you don’t have event setup experience, tell us about a great event you attended, and the details you noticed that made it so special. We’re not looking for a formal letter – so feel free to send us a story that reflects you!
Candidates that seem like they might be the right fit for our team and this unique and challenging work will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.
Our studio is located at 10525 – 111 Street NW in downtown Edmonton.
Event work requires travel throughout Edmonton and surrounding area, with further destinations subject to need and employee availability.
Part Time / Contract
$17.00-$20.00 per hour, based on experience.