Newsletter frequency may vary, our current schedule is 1-2 per month. Content may include seasonal/general interest subjects as well as promotions for our products and services. We will never share your information and you may unsubscribe at any time.
Personal + Social Media Assistant
Design Studio / On-Site / Creative / Support Staff / Administrative
Cory Christopher Design is a fast-paced creative design studio, offering lifestyle, floral, wedding and event services to Edmonton, Calgary and the Rocky Mountain region. Our team works tirelessly to bring our clients’ dreams to life with sophisticated style, delivering exceptional experiences in everyday encounters and once-in-a-lifetime occasions. Our social media audience is always growing, and we love finding fun new ways to connect with them and Cultivate JOY!
We’re looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and reliable individual, a jill or jack of all trades, a master of multi-tasking with a can-do attitude and someone to follow Cory around with a camera to take pretty pictures and do his bidding (we’re half joking…)
Personal Assistant Essentials:
- You’re ready for the unglamourous behind-the-scenes labour and boring admin work it takes to get the job done
- There’s no job too small – running personal or studio errands, picking up and dropping off supplies and orders, sending quick replies by email/text and generally helping out are all part of a day’s work
- A little heavy lifting is no problem – to set up and teardown a set, for instance, or if you find Cory trapped under a 12 foot floral installation
- Your strong communication skills extend to friendly, professional and efficient interactions with clients, vendors, teammates and everyone else you meet
- You have the utmost respect for privacy and confidentiality when it comes to client communication/data, business information, and the personal information of other members of the CC team.
- You’re available for occasional multi-day travel for events outside Edmonton (most often Jasper, Banff and Calgary)
Social Media Essentials:
- Comfortable behind a camera (phone and digital), documenting products and activities in photos and video, and have the technical know-how to create, edit and post content on all the major platforms.
- Strong written communication skills and can edit drafted posts for clarity and correctness.
- Ready to lend a hand setting up and cleaning up for whatever fun is at hand
The Dream Candidate:
- With an eye for good design, you love to create and curate gorgeous content, collecting inspiration digitally and styling props for shoots
- You’ve got a natural ability to understand and recreate the voice of a brand (specifically Cory Christopher!)
- Your flawless writing skills come with a knack for hashtags and a finger on the pulse of what our audience is getting excited about and engaging with
- An interest in events, weddings, design and/or creative projects is very beneficial but experience is not necessarily required.
To thrive as part of the CC Team, you’ll need to:
- Happily cooperate as part of a team, taking direction from both leads and fellow crew members
- Be confident executing tasks independently
- Prioritize and tackle what needs to be done first – and switch tasks as needed
- Maintain a positive attitude under the pressure of tight timelines and high expectations
- Appreciate that the details really do matter
- Be organized, timely and responsible
Candidates MUST be willing and able to:
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and late nights
- Stand, crouch, bend and work on their feet for long periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 35 lbs
- Work outdoors, occasionally in unpleasant weather
- Keep safety in mind at all times
- Possess exceptional communication skills, in spoken and written English
- Maintain a professional appearance with attire and footwear appropriate for the venue
- Have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license (a single shift may be split over multiple locations)
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Our workplace is creative, witty and fun; we want our team to embody that too! In your cover letter, tell us about your favourite social media campaign, why you loved it and what you would have done to make it even better! We’re not looking for a formal letter or a lengthy essay – just send us a little story that reflects you.
Candidates that seem like they might be the right fit for our team and this unique and creative opportunity will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.
Our studio is located at 10525 – 111 Street NW in downtown Edmonton.
This role requires regular travel throughout Edmonton and surrounding area. The ideal candidate would also be available for multi-day travel to destinations throughout Alberta, BC and beyond as opportunities arise.
Part Time / Contract
$17.00-$20.00 per hour, based on qualifications.