Newsletter frequency may vary, our current schedule is 1-2 per month. Content may include seasonal/general interest subjects as well as promotions for our products and services. We will never share your information and you may unsubscribe at any time.
E-Commerce + Retail Experience Coordinator
Design Studio / On-Site / Creative / Project Lead / Administrative
Cory Christopher Design is a fast-paced and constantly growing creative design studio, offering lifestyle, floral, wedding and event services to Edmonton, Calgary and the Rocky Mountain region. We offer fresh florals, plants, seasonal decor and a curated range of home and lifestyle goods through our online store, studio events, pop up shops and more.
We are seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and reliable individual to oversee our in-person and e-commerce retail operations, working both behind the scenes and as a public representative of the Cory Christopher brand. To thrive in this role, you’ll need a passion for retail, a knack for merchandising and a commitment to delivering exceptional customer service.
Pop Up/Event Project Coordination:
- Develop and manage project planning, vendor relationships and to-do lists
- Establish timelines for install/teardown, schedule setup and retail service staff
- Ovesee and execute setup/operations/teardown, in-person or remotely as required
- Assist with training and supporting staff as needed
- Collaborate with graphic designer, printer and other vendors as needed
Pop Up/Event Installation and Operation:
- Providing prompt and courteous service to clients and being responsive and professional with venues, hosts and other vendors
- Travel for events outside edmonton (most often jasper, banff and calgary) will be required
- Decor, floral, furniture, equipment and structure prep, creation, assembly and disassembly
- Load and unload cargo trucks, vehicles and storage locations
- Maintain cleanliness of the event, staging and studio spaces throughout setup/operation/teardown
- Respecting venue/client policies, procedures and preferences
- Relaying information / identifying issues to team members as appropriate
- Manage e-commerce store, including order processing, tracking and communication
- Create and update product listings – including basic photo editing, writing descriptions, managing inventory and ensuring listings are correct and functional
- Work with graphic/web designer as needed to update supporting content and marketing materials
- Coordinate CC workshops, including managing bookings and ongoing communication, ordering product, physical setup and clean up
- Help curate and manage CC collections (product ranges include fresh florals, plants, lifestyle products, seasonal decor and more)
- Source unique products, manage vendor and collaborator relationships
- Plan and execute collection launches, arrange and coordinate product photoshoots
- Create and maintain organized files, digital documents, information tracking and order processes
- Create content for and develop/support social media strategies to increase awareness and engagement with our retail + e-commerce offerings
- Seek out and cultivate pop-up opportunities and retail partnerships
- Research trends and comparables in local and target markets
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to:
- Have a friendly, outgoing nature and a customer service background
- Show initiative, confidently execute tasks and problem solve independently
- Happily cooperate as part of a larger team, but be ready to take the lead
- Prioritize and tackle what needs to be done first – and switch tasks as needed
- Maintain a positive attitude under the pressure of tight timelines and high expectations
- Adhere to all legal requirements as well as professional respect for privacy and confidentiality of client communication/data, business agreements and operational information
- Appreciate that the details really do matter
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of retail experience, some supervisory/management preferred
- Excellent phone manner, email etiquette and in-person professionalism
- Exemplary written + verbal english
- Experience with e-commerce platforms, including back-end shop maintenance, basic photo editing and webpage design principles
- The corychristopher.ca website is built on wordpress/woocommerce and uses the Flatsome theme/builder. Knowledge of css/html coding is not required, but let us know if you have it!
- Knowledge of flowers, interior and artistic design, lifestyle brands and product lines is helpful, but not strictly necessary.
- Product photography, photo editing and videography skills are a huge asset
Candidates MUST be willing and able to:
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings and late nights
- Stand, crouch, bend and work on their feet for long periods of time
- Use common hand tools (experience with power tools is an asset!)
- Lift and carry at least 35 lbs.
- Work outdoors, occasionally in unpleasant weather
- Maintain a professional appearance (work on site will trigger a dress code)
- Have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license (the nature of event prep and installation means that a single shift may be split over multiple locations)
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com and include the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Our workplace is creative, witty and fun; we want our team to embody that too! In your cover letter, tell us about your favourite retail experience, why it attracted you, unique elements that made it memorable, and what you would do to make it even better! We’re not looking for a formal letter or lengthy essay – feel free to send us a story that reflects you!
Candidates that seem like they might be the right fit for our team and this unique and challenging work will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.
Our studio is located at 10525 – 111 Street NW in downtown Edmonton.
Many responsibilities of this role may be fulfilled remotely, but a significant majority will require in-person participation. Studio and event work requires travel throughout Edmonton and surrounding areas, with further destinations subject to need and employee availability.
Part Time / Contract – Successful applicant can expect steady work from July 2021 through January 2022, with a strong possibility of extension.
$18.00-$25.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.