Cory Christopher Design is a fast-paced and constantly growing creative design studio, offering lifestyle, floral, wedding and event services. Our team works tirelessly to bring our clients’ dreams to life with sophisticated style, delivering exceptional experiences in everyday encounters and once-in-a-lifetime occasions. Based in Edmonton, we travel throughout the Rocky Mountain and Calgary regions, and are expanding our services in Toronto and beyond.
We are looking for talented freelance floral designers to assist with our many exciting weddings, events and installations throughout the year!
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your skills and flex your creativity? Maybe you’d like to be part of a WOW project to see how the magic unfolds? You might just be the person we are looking for to help us realize our clients dreams!
Our team is always growing and roles evolving, so if you’ve applied for a similar position with us before but didn’t hear back, please feel free to apply again! We receive many applications and can’t always follow up with all qualified applicants, but we appreciate your continued interest and would love to hear from you!
Freelance florist tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with project preparation, design and installation for events, weddings, workshop
- General housekeeping, packing, loading & unloading of vehicles, and décor assembly
- Receiving florals & plant orders from wholesalers and suppliers
- Ability to work well as part of a team and under pressure
- Bonus Skill: Develop and lead floral workshops
To thrive as part of the CC Team, you’ll need to:
- Happily cooperate as part of a team, taking direction from both leads and fellow crew members
- Previous large event and installations experience would be a great asset, but we will also accept a great work ethic and enthusiasm for tackling new challenges!
- Be confident executing tasks independently
- Prioritize and tackle what needs to be done first – and switch tasks as needed
- Maintain a positive attitude under the pressure of tight timelines and high expectations
- Appreciate that the details really do matter
- Be organized, timely and responsible
- Let us know if you have experience driving a cargo truck
Candidates MUST be willing and able to:
- Work a flexible schedule, including days, weekends, evenings and late nights
- Stand, crouch, bend and work on their feet for long periods of time
- Lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Work outdoors, occasionally in unpleasant weather
- Keep safety in mind at all times
- Possess excellent spoken English and general communication skills
- Maintain a professional appearance (work on location may require an all-black dress code)
- Have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license (the nature of event prep and installation means that a single shift may be split over multiple locations)
How To Apply:
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com and include the job you are applying for in the subject line.
Candidates that seem like they might be the right fit for our team and this unique and challenging work will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls, please.
Edmonton, Calgary, Banff, Saskatoon, Toronto
Seasonal / Contract
Based on experience.